Purpose of Job
Plekton Labs Inc. is an Information Technology Services company driven by customer satisfaction. The Software Developer (intern) will be a part of Plekton Labs software development team primarily responsible for designing, developing and supporting APIs and ETL applications based on Plekton Labs requirement.
The Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Gather, assess, analyze and support for the functional and non-functional requirement for the technical and customer-centric solution(10%)
- Application Design (20%)
- Design SOA, APIs (RESTful/SOAP) or ETL solution.
- Produce RAML, Swaggar and JSON Schema standards for defining API contract
- Application Development(60%)
- Implement APIs (mainly RESTful) and Micro-services with proper standard coding practices.
- Estimate work effort for the given tasks.
- Write unit tests to cover 100% codes.
- Product complete technical documentation including sequence diagram, ERD, architectural digram, user manual and API specification.
- Participate in code review sessions and follow company peer review process.
- Coordinate and conduct some QA activity and provide fixes.
- Application Support (10%)
- Cooperate with incident management teams by actively participating during application support phase.
- Must be a full-time student in a Canadian University/College in software development, computer programming or other related technical fields.
- Must have a valid work permit.
- In-depth knowledge of computer data structures, algorithm, and computational complexity analysis.
- Solid understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP, internet protocol.
- Solid knowledge in Java and C# and object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of backend application, web-service, and APIs.
- Good understanding of SQL database and database administration
- Solid understanding of unit testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG and source control software (CVS, SVN, Git or similar).
- Problem-solving skills, participation in problem-solving completions like math Olympiad, ACM programming contests, topcoder.com challenges, google code jam, etc. is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Prepare your resume, your cover letter and/or your portfolio links. Send your resume by using subject line Internship – Software Developer in Plekton Labs Inc
and Email to: [email protected]
Department: Digital Marketing
Internship - Software Developer
Experience: Minimum 1 year of relevant experience